You’re a mom and are first to admit that you barely have enough time to take care of your kids, let alone yourself. However, as a mom, you know it’s essential to take a few minutes every day to care for your skin. After all, you are more than a mom—you are a woman.
Your mornings will be much easier if you have a nighttime beauty routine in place that works for you. Keep ready for some quick and easy tips for a mom on the go. Oh, and be prepared for some surprises!
Three Easy Sets of Tips for That Nighttime Beauty Routine
Below are three sets of quick and easy tips for moms on the go, arranged according to the amount of time you have available. Just choose the one that best fits the amount of time you have available at the end of your busy day. Of course, as a busy mom, no two days are the same, and having a choice of routines to fit the time you have available on a particular day is a huge stress reliever!
But wait! Before diving in, make sure you contact the team at The Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery. We’d love to let you have our input on your nighttime beauty routine.
5 Minute Skin Care Routine: The Basics
- Cleanse: Use a gentle cream cleanser that can be rinsed off or wiped off with a tissue.
Rather than an over-the-counter product, you could simply use olive oil as both a natural cleanser and moisturizer. Simply massage the oil into your skin, hold a warm, damp cloth over your face until it cools, and then wipe away the excess oil.
- Tone: Replenish moisture while adding critical antioxidants with a hydrating toning mist.
While this will help firm your skin and protect it from aging, a quick refreshing toner keeps your pores quenched and free of dry patches. Replenishing moisture while adding critical antioxidants will help firm your skin and protect it from aging.
- Moisturize: This finishing step to add a moisture barrier ensures that your skin is protected and supplied with the essential water-oil balance that nourishes, hydrates, and prevents breakouts.
10 Minute Skin Care Routine: Add Scrub + Serum
- Cleanse: As above.
- Scrub: Twice a week, use a powder-based exfoliant combined with your favorite cleanser to slough off dead skin cells. In no time, your skin will be clean, fresh, and bright.
- Tone: As above.
- Serum: Add a layer of serum under your moisturizer, targeting specific skin concerns such as dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Since they’re made up of molecules small enough to penetrate deep into the skin, serums support collagen and reduce fine lines and age spots. Since most serums are lighter than most moisturizers, being water-based, they’re perfect for acne-prone skin.
- Moisturize: As above
15 Minute Skin Care Routine: Add a Mask
- Cleanse: As above
- Scrub: As above
- Mask: Using the right mask can detoxify, tighten, brighten, and hydrate your skin. Using your fingertips, apply a thin layer to your face, leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. As a bonus, this step will leave you nicely relaxed for bed.
- Tone: As above.
- Serum: As above.
- Moisturize: As above.
How About an Upgrade?
While all you want to do now is hit the pillow, there are three quick upgrades you can add in just a few seconds. Why might you ask? They’ll make you look and feel even more awake in the morning!
Have 30 More Seconds? Apply an Eye Cream.
The skin around the eyes is thin, so it may be the first area on your face to show signs of aging and fatigue. Most eye creams are specifically formulated for this, with active ingredients (like vitamins C and E) helping diminish fine lines, dark circles, and sagging.
Have 60 More Seconds? Exfoliate Twice a Week.
Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells that lead to blocked pores and acne. It also promotes skin renewal and cell regrowth. By opening pores, exfoliation allows the other products you use on your face to penetrate more deeply. And the best part about exfoliation is that it leaves your skin with a healthy glow.
Any Questions? Get Professional Skincare Advice From the Experts
Should you have any questions about your nighttime beauty routine, feel free to contact our team of experts at The Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery. Our warm, talented, and knowledgeable staff invites you to visit and enjoy the family-like atmosphere of our offices in Baltimore or Columbia for a personalized experience.