Everyone aspires to age gracefully, but as the years go on, you may begin to discover it’s a greater challenge than you anticipated. Even if you have been diligent about taking care of your skin by applying moisturizer, eating a nutritious diet, and carefully avoiding sun exposure, the effects of time, gravity, and genetics all eventually take their toll and may leave you wondering what you can do to address fine lines or lost volume.
Minimally Invasive Choices for People Who Don’t Want Surgery
In the past, surgery was the only option for people who wanted to achieve a youthful appearance. However, technological advancements have given cosmetic surgeons many new options for restoring patients’ appearance without the need for surgery. One of these options involves a customized combination of injectable treatments to create a minimally invasive facial rejuvenation alternative.
At the Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery, we understand everyone is searching for ways to look and feel their very best without the price tag and extensive recovery period associated with invasive cosmetic surgery. The good news is that bio-compatible dermal fillers and FDA-approved neuromodulators have helped thousands of people achieve the anti-aging results of their dreams, including concerns such as:
- “Parentheses lines” or “marionette lines” that form around the mouth
- Lines around the eyes and eyebrow area from frowning and squinting
- Volume loss in facial features, including lips and cheeks
- Facial asymmetry or lack of contouring
- Age spots/acne scars
- A double chin
Based on your goals and skin type, the four board-certified cosmetic surgeons of Baltimore Plastic Surgery offer a range of injectable options to help you achieve a more natural-looking, youthful, and revitalized appearance. By creating a customized treatment plan that meets your needs, we can give you the naturally beautiful appearance you want and deserve.
Dermal injectable treatments are minimally invasive, safe, long-lasting, and lead to instantly visible results with little risk of side effects. Here are some of the injectables we offer, along with the problems they can help solve.
- Juvéderm®: Our bodies naturally produce a substance called hyaluronic acid, which helps support skin’s elasticity. As we age, the body’s supply of the acid diminishes, causing fine lines and wrinkles to appear. Juvéderm® is a smooth, injectable, hyaluronic acid-based gel that is similar in consistency to your facial tissue. Juvéderm® injections help create smoother skin, and can also give you fuller lips or restore lost volume in the backs of your hands. Many patients count on Juvéderm® to fill in the “parentheses lines” or “marionette lines” that form around the mouth.
- Voluma® and Restylane®: Part of the Juvéderm® family of FDA-approved hyaluronic acid fillers, Voluma and Restylane® have helped many patients look younger. Voluma is a filler that restores lost volume in the cheeks and mid-face area and brings back youthful contours to the face, while Restylane® improves the appearance of wrinkles, and helps create fuller lips and cheeks.
- Sculptra® and Bellafill®: Is it possible to turn back the clock when it comes to lost collagen production? Sculptra® and Bellafill are unique dermal injectables that stimulate the skin to create more collagen, working within your body to encourage it to make more of this natural support structure. Sculptra® is effective at creating long-lasting, age-defying results in the cheeks, mid-face, temples, and around the eyes, while Bellafill provides long-term correction for smile lines and can also fill in acne scars.
- KYBELLA®: As one of the most popular ways for patients to address fullness around and under their chins, Kybella® uses a naturally occurring molecule called deoxycholic acid that helps your body break down dietary fat. When we inject it into the fat beneath your chin, Kybella® destroys the fat cells and makes them unable to store or accumulate fat in the future.
- BOTOX® and Dysport®: BOTOX® and Dysport are neuromodulators that cause temporary paralysis in the muscles that raise our brows. While this paralysis is in effect, it not only results in a more alert and youthful look around the eye area, but also helps prevent existing wrinkles around the eyes and eyebrows from becoming more severe.
Injectable Treatment Options
People coined the term “liquid facelift” to refer to a combination of dermal fillers and neuromodulators to achieve results that were formerly only possible with surgery. Since it is non-invasive, a liquid facelift is an excellent option for busy men and women who want to look younger, without experiencing any interruption to their regular daily routines. Since there are no incisions or sutures, a liquid facelift leads to a more refreshed appearance with no scarring.
Injectable treatments are designed to help subtly improve the effects of aging with no need for downtime. They may be the right choice for you if you have any of the following goals:
- Reducing lines, wrinkles, folds, and creases
- Subtly lifting drooping facial features like brows and jowls
- Improving eye bags, dark undereye circles, and sunken undereye area
- Lifting sagging corners of your mouth
- Hiding bumps on your nose
- Contouring areas that have begun to lose volume, such as the cheeks and temples
- Getting fuller, plumper lips
- Looking younger and better-rested
If you’re ready to feel more like yourself when you look in the mirror, contact the Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery to discuss the injectable treatment options we offer. After designing a treatment plan that takes your goals into account, one of our four accomplished surgeons will personally perform your injectable procedure in the comfort of our office, relying on their advanced knowledge of facial anatomy to create a natural look you’ll love.