Pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and the joy shared with friends and family are all part of a wonderful experience enjoyed by mothers. The part of this experience that new mothers often are not thrilled by is what pregnancy and nursing on their bodies and self-confidence.
Wanting to get your body back is not all about vanity. Yes, you’re a mom, but you’re also a woman, and a “mommy makeover” could be your key to bouncing back and once again feeling good about yourself both inside and out. It’s about reclaiming you and your sense of well-being.
You’ve probably discovered that a healthy diet and rigorous exercise routine isn’t helping you get back those tight abs, shrink that excess skin, or restore your breasts to the way they were before breastfeeding. That’s where the mommy makeover comes in.
Mommy makeovers allow our expert board-certified plastic surgeons to make all-inclusive improvements to your physique by combining several cosmetic procedures into an all-in-one transformation customized to your unique body and needs.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
With every mommy makeover being completely different, it is the solution to reverse the changes in a mother’s physique due to pregnancy, childbirth, and the breastfeeding process. It’s surgery that incorporates everything mothers need to restore their look and feel to their pre-childbirth toned and sexy selves, whether that means a breast lift, a tummy tuck, or a combination of treatments.
A mommy makeover is a carefully tailored set of body contouring procedures generally performed together in a single session, which can significantly reverse the physical effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing on a woman’s body.
Because no two women are alike, our professional team makes sure the procedure is custom-tailored specifically for each patient. Since the breasts and abdomen are the most affected by motherhood, a mommy makeover will often center on contouring the breasts and abdomen.
Additional procedures could be added should these be required. These could include liposuction, a tummy tuck, cosmetic breast surgery (breast augmentation, breast reduction, or a breast lift), and could even include non-invasive facial rejuvenation with laser treatments, BOTOX®, or a choice of facial treatments.
With these procedures combined, your overall recovery time will be shortened, and you’ll be gaining a range of stunning cosmetic benefits.
Your Mommy Makeover
A combination of procedures chosen from these outlined below is what many mothers typically choose to help reverse the effects of motherhood.
- Breast Augmentation: Breast volume lost after pregnancy can be restored via silicone or saline breast implants, achieving fuller, more rounded breasts with improved symmetry and even enhanced cleavage.
- Breast Lift: Also known as mastopexy, a breast lift reshapes and raises the breasts, removes excess skin, and raises the nipples, and resizes the areolas for a younger, perkier look.
- Breast Reduction: Reduction mammaplasty is a breast reduction procedure to remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin, resulting in breasts sized to be more in proportion with the body. The surgery can relieve back and shoulder pain and restore confidence.
- Tummy Tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat, creating a noticeably smoother, flatter, and firmly toned tummy. By eliminating unwanted stretched tissue and tightening your abdominal muscles, your skilled cosmetic surgeoncan restore a midsection you couldn’t achieve through diet and exercise alone.
- Liposuction: Slims and reshapes specifically targeted areas of the body by eradicating stubborn pockets of fat and enhancing body contours and proportions.
Mommy Makeovers in Baltimore, MD
Mommy makeovers are becoming increasingly popular, and perhaps it’s your turn to rediscover the body you love. At the Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery, we can help rejuvenate your breasts, tighten and tone your abdomen, arms, thighs, and even your lower body. As many of our patients have discovered, you might find that, after your mommy makeover, your body looks even better than it did before having children.
With those beautiful children all competing for your attention, it’s now your time to reclaim your body. The process will transform how you feel about yourself and increase your self-image and self-confidence. With all the admiring looks and compliments you may receive, you can get a huge emotional boost at home, in the office, at the gym, at the beach, or anywhere else you may find yourself in your daily life.