As the seasons change, so does our skin. Compared to the sun-drenched days of summer, cooler weather means more clothing and less skin exposure. People often think they should put skin care and non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments on hold until the beach trips and pool parties return. But it may surprise you to learn that the opposite is true. The shorter days and colder weather give your body the time it needs to heal, especially after skin resurfacing or other treatments.
At The Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery, our board-certified plastic surgeons experience a surge in patients scheduling facial rejuvenation treatments and procedures around this time of year in preparation for the summer. Keep reading to find out why.
Why Wait Until Fall or Winter for Some Facial Treatments?
After most skin rejuvenation treatments, you need to avoid sun exposure. The reasons for this are simple: UV rays damage skin cells, interfere with the treatment’s effectiveness, and may complicate or even prevent the healing process. Additionally, after a deep clean or exfoliation, your skin is more sensitive to sun exposure, which means burning or scarring can happen much more quickly than usual. Pigmentation problems, scarring, and other concerns may occur with too much sun or heat exposure, which will require special attention.
But during the cooler weather of fall and winter, it’s easier to avoid the sun and care for your skin by scheduling cosmetic treatments in the cooler seasons. Clothing keeps skin covered, and with the UV rays being less powerful and damaging, you can go a little easier on the sunscreen.
Apart from needing protection from excessive heat and sun exposure, your skin becomes dryer during the cooler months, making it more susceptible to age-related problems. Receiving carefully chosen and customized treatments during this time of year will help keep your skin moisturized, more vibrant, and young-looking.
What Beauty Treatments Are Best During the Fall and Winter?
With the weather cooling down and the leaves falling, autumn is the perfect time to pay extra attention to your skin. The Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery provides many beauty treatment options to consider during the fall and winter.
Here is a shortlist of non-surgical treatments to get you started.
Medical-grade facial procedures provide natural-looking results for patients seeking less invasive alternatives.
- Deep pore cleansing treatment: Clears congested pores, detoxifies, and alleviates acne breakouts
- Rosacea/sensitive skin treatment: Provides cooling, soothing relief for redness, irritation, and inflammation.
- Firming skin treatment: Reconditions and firms dehydrated, aging, and environmentally damaged skin for a firm, youthful glow.
- Alpha beta peel treatment: Combines alpha and beta hydroxyl acids to accelerate the cell renewal process, softening the appearance of surface lines and leaving the skin smooth and refreshed.
- Hydration treatment: Calms and soothes the skin and restores hydration, leaving your skin plump, firm, and completely replenished.
- Brightening treatment: Treats sun-damaged skin and decreases pigmentation while replenishing moisture and hydration levels.
- TCA peels: Medical-grade peels repair and rejuvenate your skin, decrease fine lines, wrinkles, pore size, sun damage, and acne scars.
Personally performed by our plastic surgeons, our menu of injectables includes the following.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers: Juvéderm® XC Plus and Ultra Plus, Juvéderm® Voluma, Restylane®, Restylane® Lyft®, Restylane® Silk®, and Belotero®
- Other products: Radiesse®, Sculptra®, Bellafill®, KYBELLA®, BOTOX®, and Dysport®
More Options You’ll Love
Profound radiofrequency microneedling — Also known as collagen induction therapy, this minimally invasive procedure increases elastin and collagen production and skin cell turnover, all factors in anti-aging.
Laser treatments — Highly versatile technology treats various everyday concerns. Rejuvenates the skin by removing the outer layers, stimulating natural collagen production, evening out skin tone, and smoothing away wrinkles.
- Intense pulsed light
- Laser Genesis
- Vascular laser
Additionally, our experts offer many cosmetic surgical procedures of the face, nose, breast, and body.
Plan Your Fall and Winter Facial Rejuvenation in Baltimore or Columbia, Maryland
To learn more about why fall and winter are the perfect months to undergo facial rejuvenation, we invite you to contact The Maryland Institute of Plastic Surgery and schedule your consultation by calling us at (410) 744-0900 or messaging us on our website. We look forward to meeting you soon!